The French-American Chamber of Commerce, New England (FACCNE) is seeking new members for the Board of Directors. The election takes place at the Annual Meeting in January 2020, and directors are elected to 3-year terms.
FACCNE supports New England-based and France-based companies, entrepreneurs, and individuals in growing their businesses through networking and learning opportunities, business services, and exposure within the Chamber and the broader community. It is one of the largest and most active international chambers of commerce in New England, and also among the most active of the 20 chapters of the French-American Chamber of Commerce throughout the United States.
A few specific initiatives are:
- Business Awards. An annual competition open to any company doing business in both France and New England, which culminates in a gala dinner during which the finalists pitch their companies to the attendees, who then vote for the winner. Several past winners have also gone on to the Trophées CCI France in Paris.
- Forums. These more focused groups help like-minded people connect, network, and share ideas. There are forums for:
- FACCNE Women in Business Network (FWBN). Supporting multi-cultural women, and women in multi-cultural workplaces.
- French-American Software & Technology (FAST). Promoting technology, startups, and innovation.
- French-American Biotech Springboard (FABS). Assisting French biotech firms with entering the U.S. market.
- HR Forum. Best practices in Human Resources.
A couple of links for more information about the organization:
- Photos from a few of our past events: https://faccne.org/photo-gallery/
- The current Board of Directors: https://faccne.org/about-us/our-board/
We are interested in potential board members with qualities or experience such as:
- Willing and able to participate actively on the board (including attending board meetings and other events, and contributing time to FACCNE projects between board meetings)
- Active in the local community (especially public sector, government, academia, press or media)
- Affiliation with either an agency involved with international trade or investment, or an academic institution is a strong plus
- Fundraising ability/experience is a strong plus
We welcome diverse candidates.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors, please send an email, no later than 6pm on Friday, November 15th, to the FACCNE Secretary, Ami Wright (email@example.com), and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email, please let us know why you would like to serve on the Board, what skills/abilities/contacts you bring, your connection to the French-American business community, and anything else that you think will help us get to know you, or to know how you would participate on the Board. The Nominating Committee will review this information and decide which candidates we would like to place on the ballot.
If you have any questions, please contact Ami Wright.
FACCNE Nominating Committee
We expect board members to be active participants. This includes:
• Participation in Board Meetings
• Attending events
• Support for FACCNE in other capacities, such as: hosting events, involvement in learning expeditions, participating with the Forums, help with special projects (such as the new website), etc.
We understand that people have busy lives and many commitments, and
that there may be lulls in participation. However, we ask that board members step down if they are not able to be an active participant over an extended period.