France Maine Innovation Evening: Exploring the Innovation Economies of France and Maine
May 20 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
This panel, and the event at large, is designed to increase dialogue and exchange between France and Maine in the economic field. Maine and France have significant historical and cultural ties. In addition, political authorities and business officials in Maine and France have recently intensified efforts to promote start-ups and economic development. Maine has the highest start-up survival rate in the country, and France has renewed its image as an innovative nation through initiatives like La French Tech.
The goal of the panel is two-fold. One, to share what both Maine and France are doing to support their innovation economies. Two, to share what opportunities exist for trade, investment, and expansion between Maine and France.
The members of this panel are:
- Ludivine Wolczik, Executive Director, French-American Chamber of Commerce of New England
- Wade Meritt, President, Maine International Trade Center
- Nicolas de Beco, President, French Trade Advisors of New England
- Whit Richardson, Founder, Maine Startups Insider
- Moderator – Topaz Smith, Founder and Residency Program Manager, Roux Institute