French American Chamber of Commerce of New England – Cambridge, MA
Part-Time Position (Permanent)
The French American Chamber of Commerce, New England Chapter (FACCNE) is a non-profit, independent, member-driven organization dedicated to fostering good transatlantic business relationships. The FACCNE has more than 400 French and American members that represent more than 200 companies. It is a member of CCI France International and belongs to the FACC network (19 chapters in the United States). In New England, the FACCNE provides the principal, private, non-partisan forum for French and American business leaders to meet, discuss common interests and exchange ideas. It helps promote and connect businesses and individuals through in-person and virtual industry-specific seminars, speaker presentations and networking activities at various breakfast, luncheon and evening events, shared with other organizations.
More information on the FACCNE is available on faccne.org
The Communications Coordinator is involved with all levels and areas of FACCNE’s activities – so, no two days are ever the same! Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Events and Membership Managers, the Communications Coordinator will play a key role in several projects (events, learning expeditions, online presence, Board and Forum meetings, etc).
You will support and lead new and ongoing communications initiatives, such as social media efforts, monthly newsletter, email campaigns and FACCNE’s website management. In addition, you will regularly create engaging content for a variety of platforms, for internal (Board of Directors, Executive Committee) and external audiences (Members, Sponsors, Partners). You will provide communications support to all the other members of the FACCNE’s team.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Support, develop and implement external communications as requested by Events Manager, and Executive Director;
- Create visual content (logos, save the dates, events promotional visuals, flyers);
- Write monthly newsletter as well as other e-mailing
- Create PowerPoint presentations (reporting to the Board of Directors, Executive Director’s meetings, presentations for FACCNE’s public events)
- Create, edit and publish short videos;
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Website Content Management:
- Update and create new content and pages on FACCNE’s website (faccne.org) in a timely manner, proactively, and working with other Team members to advise on, create and/or refine content. This is a WordPress website.
Social media management:
- Leverage social media channels to engage and inform members and other audiences about FACCNE’s activities and news of our networks.
What you bring to the team:
- Post-secondary bachelor’s degree or studies in media & communications;
- Strong writing and editing skills required;
- Proficient in social media management platforms and graphic design programs required. (Canva, iMovie, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube Studio)
- High level of proficiency in WordPress is a must;
- High degree of personal accountability;
- Capacity to multi-task
- Fluency in English or English a mother tongue – Notions of French is a plus;
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and time management skills are essential.
- Team spirit
What we have to offer:
Excellent opportunity to learn about all aspects of non-profit resource development; develop planning skills; excellent exposure to the French American business community in New England and access to French, European and American executives. FACCNE is also an ideal place to work in an international environment.
- School credits possible, if still enrolled in a US University;
- Work in a small, challenging environment where you can interact with French native speakers;
- Capacity to grow your professional network in the European-American Business Community;
- Part-time position with flexible schedule & full remote work.
- Beginning: November 1st or earlier.
- Length: A minimum of one year for an employee position;
- Salary: to be negotiated.
- American citizenship or authorization to work in the US is needed.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.