PROJECT COORDINATOR – French-American Chamber of Commerce of New England Cambridge, MA
About FACCNE: The French-American Chamber of Commerce, New England Chapter (FACCNE) is a non-profit, independent, member-driven organization dedicated to fostering good transatlantic business relationships. The FACCNE has more than 350 French and American members that represent 150 companies. It is a member of CCI France International and belongs to the FACC network (20 chapters in the United States). In New England, the FACCNE provides the principal, private, non-partisan forum for French and American business leaders to meet, discuss common interests and exchange ideas. It helps promote and connect businesses and individuals through industry-specific seminars, speaker presentations and networking activities at various evening events, shared with other organizations.
FACCNE is hiring a part-time Project Coordinator, beginning asap or in April 2021. The position will begin remotely, then could evolve to an office-based position in the Boston/Cambridge, MA area. Projects will cover missions related to membership management and development, events coordination and learning expeditions coordination. The Projects Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Communications Coordinator and FACCNE’s Board, Forums and Committee Members.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- . Must be well organized, detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to multi-task, strong organizational and independent judgment skills a must.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Slack, Constant Contact, Zoom, Website management and social media expected.
. Knowledge of CRM is a plus.
- Must have a good telephone manner and be comfortable to reach out to members, sponsors, partners and prospects by phone, in person or video conference
- Commitment of a minimum of 20 hours/week, more when needed
- Interest and background in events, business development and marketing
- Fluent in English, proficiency in French is a plus but not a requirement
The Project Coordinator will work on the organization and general improvements of the FACCNE’s program services (events, learning expeditions), as well as on specific projects related to membership management. (S)he will assist the Executive Director and staff in assigned tasks relating to planning, communication, execution, and reflection of events, including seminars, networking events, and conferences. This will give the coordinator the opportunity to gain experience in project management, communication and event planning. (S)he may also be asked to work on other projects as they arise. Reporting to the Executive Director of the FACCNE, the Coordinator will play a key role in several projects:
- Help in event planning: seminars, networking events and major conferences
- Perform marketing and community outreach for events and other FACC activities.
- Be the main coordinator for the organization of the Annual French-American Business Awards of New England: Business event of 150+ guests (invitations, sponsors, logistics, registration, manage team of volunteers) – The projects coordinator will work in close cooperation with the organizational committee of the event and also secure candidates for the Annual competition.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- The Coordinator will receive ongoing training and support from and will work very closely with the Executive Director.
Excellent opportunity to learn about all aspects of non-profit resource development; develop research and strategic planning skills; improve computer skills and learn about fundraising and event planning; excellent exposure to the French-American business community in New England and access to French, European and American executives.
Beginning: April 2021 or asap (remotely, then could evolve to a position based in Boston or Cambridge, MA)
Length: TBD depending on candidate’s profile
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com