Created for the advancement of women in the workplace, the French-American Chamber of Commerce of New England’s Women in Business Network (FWBN) is committed to helping women succeed. Our network is open to all women who are either bi-cultural or work in a multi-cultural environment; women do not need to speak French to join.
With various programs throughout the year we offer our members a platform and a community to
- Connect and network to create valuable business opportunities
- Learn from experienced mentors and fellow members who share their knowledge and best practices
- Help each other adapt and thrive in the US workplace
Our membership is comprised of women at all stages of their careers: young professionals, women on hiatus due to life events – such as maternity or expatriation of a spouse – and seeking to return to the workforce, and retired women who want to contribute their expertise.
Our members are committed to personal and professional development and to helping others. Any woman with an interest in business issues in multi-cultural environments is welcome to become a member.
As women of Respect, we value and embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives in an open, inclusive and trusting environment.
As women of Inspiration, we stand to motivate and empower each other through education and support.
As women of Integrity, we conduct ourselves consistently to high standards.
With our events, we
– Inspire: experienced guest speakers
– Create opportunities: networking, job ads, collaborations
– Learn / Mentor: workshops and panels
With our newsletter, we
– Inspire: Q&A with a Leading Woman
– Stay connected: learn about the happenings in our network
– Share: info, ideas, tips, resources, jobs openings
With our coaching, we
– Support: help a woman start her business,
– Educate: help a woman learn new skills to reenter the workforce
With our award, we
– Recognize our members’ work in the community Good Member – Good Citizen Award
- Launched March 2014
- 250+ members on LinkedIn
- Hosted 22 workshops/panels/luncheons
- Helped 3 deserving local non-profits, raising awareness and funds
- Casa Myrna, shelter and services for survivors of domestic violence
- Rosie’s Place – shelter for women
- Horizons for Homeless Children – early education for young homeless children
- Awarded 3 Good Member – Good Citizen Awards
Our community is headed by a pro-bono, hands-on team of passionate contributors with multi-cultural business expertise. To learn more on how you can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for our FWBN group on LinkedIn, connect and learn at our next event.